Each person who used the bank’s credit services has a credit history. Alfa-Bank checks its status through the Bureau of Credit Histories (BCH). This allows you to assess the good faith of the client as the payer of the loan. Bad credit history is not always, but often serves as a reason for refusing a loan.
Credit history of Alfa-Bank clients
Data on the conscientiousness and reliability of the borrower applying to the bank are contained in special registers maintained by specialized bureaus. The oversight function of these agents is carried out by the National Bureau. For Alfa-Bank customers, credit history plays an important role when considering an application for a loan – it directly depends on whether the bank will give you a loan or not.
How to check data in the bureau for free
You can get and find out information about your own credit history in a special bureau. If you use a national bureau, the cost of the service will be 450 rubles. If you request information from the bank – at least 350 (depending on the bank). Learn the history through the national bureau for free – there is only one way – with a personal visit to the office in Moscow. The rest of the tariffs depend on the counterparty.
The decision of the bank depends on the results of the check (positive or negative). Employees assess the history of a potential borrower and take into account all possible risks.
Before contacting Alfa-Bank, everyone can independently check their credit history. It can be done:
- Credit Bureau or organizations accredited by it;
- At your bank.
You can apply personally or remotely. The sites have special registration forms, by filling out which, you get access to the necessary information after paying the fee. If you do not know which bureau your history is stored in, you should contact your bank or national bureau with a request.
Note: You can only check your own credit history, information about third parties is not provided privately.
How to fix negative reputation
We have listed the ways to find out your credit history (including free). Alfa-Bank will check this information when considering an application. If you want to correct negative data, then it is recommended to proceed as follows:
- Arrange several small loans in succession. It is important to repay them within the terms provided in the contract, strictly according to the schedule;
- Contact the bureau if your credit history has been damaged for reasons beyond your control;
- Wait for the storage period to expire.
Offers to delete negative data for a fee are illegal and therefore not recommended. It is easier to fix it yourself, some banks offer such services and issue small loans that must be paid strictly on time.
Will a bank give a loan with a bad history
Can I get a loan from Alfa-Bank with a bad credit history? There is no unequivocal answer to this question, since the personality of each potential borrower is considered individually. In any case, the bank is obliged to check and find out your history in order to assess the risks and make a decision on the application.
If the bureau happened to find out information about the negative reputation of the client – loan delays, unsecured loans, court proceedings, etc., it is not worth expecting that Alfa-Bank will give a loan. If it was possible to verify that not everything is so bad and that the unfair behavior took place only for a while, but in the future all the debts were paid off, and then the loan was repaid according to the schedule, then such a client may have a loan approval.
Much depends on the type of loan:
- Short-term consumer loans or credit cards can be issued even to those who had problems with the repayment of the previous loan and the CI was damaged;
- When applying for long-term loans (mortgages and car loans), there are usually more stringent requirements for potential borrowers. Although Alfa-Bank can issue a loan with a bad credit history for these types of loans, since these are secured loans, and in case of problems with payment, the bank will be able to cover the costs at the expense of collateral.
Note: if we are talking about existing clients, for example, participants in salary projects or employees of partner companies of the bank, then they may be more loyal to them as borrowers.
Differences in terms of issue
It should be noted that even if Alfa-Bank gives a loan with a bad credit history, it will be issued to a potential borrower under certain conditions. They usually concern:
- Interest rates. It should not be expected that the bank will give the minimum interest in case of a damaged CI. Usually banks insure their risks and raise rates for such clients.
- Loan amounts. Banks for people with bad credit usually approve small amounts, this should be taken into account when applying.
- Proof of income: it is better to provide official documents (2-NDFL certificate), indicating legal permanent income – the bank must find out the full list of your profits, in this case, the likelihood that the institution will give a loan increases. Help on the form of the bank in this situation will be a negative factor.
- Additional documents: the bank has the right to request and check additional documents to confirm the client’s solvency and material condition.
At Alfa-Bank, the credit history, upon approval of the loan, must be checked. A bad credit history is not always a reason for refusal; decisions in such cases are made individually, taking into account all significant factors. However, it is recommended that clients know or check their history in advance in order to have a reference in the world of the financial market. Remember, you can check history for free only with a personal visit to the branch of the national bureau in the capital.